Saturday, August 30, 2008

What does this look like to you?


As most of you know, I am very content with my little family, while Jeff's not so sure. He keeps insisting that we need one more, just one more. He has not convinced me yet. I keep thinking "what would I do with five kids?" Holy crap that's a lot. So the debate continues, or does it?


I have been feeling kind of crummy this last week and I just haven't been able to put my finger on what wrong. Of course talking to my mom she suggest that it's probably stress, quickly followed by "you know, it wouldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test."
No, no! Theres no way possible it could be that, could it? Not unless I'm one of the 1%, and I'm not even late so why would this even be considered?

After going back and forth I finally decide to get a pregnancy test. I of course send Jeff to get it, I can only imagine what the rumors would be if I was seen purchasing a pregnancy test:)

The ritual is I "pee" and Jeff "looks" (at the pregnancy test when it's done) you sickos. So on Thursday morning I set out to solve a mystery, I do my job and lay back down to wait for Jeff to do his. He confirms it's a negative. Instantly I'm better.

Jeff heads to work and I get up to get the kids ready for school, but suspicion gets the better of me and I have to look in the garbage at the results myself. WHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! What is he trying to pull? That is a total positive result. I quickly call him up and start immediately accusing him of lying, "why would you do that? do you think that's funny?" He totally has no idea what I'm accusing him of and quickly cover it up by saying "I think they just turn that way after they sit for awhile." I am not convinced so I set out to take another one. After drinking myself to death I finally take it and it's an instant positive. OH CRAP, OH CRAP, OH CRAP that's all I can think right now, that and how could this happen? (Well I know how it happens, but really?)
I call Jeff back up and tell him what happened, "Jeff theres two line, two lines means I'm pregnant," I'm trying not to yell at him at this point, one because he lied to me, two because I'm pregnant. He quickly explains that a "positive" sign means I'm pregnant and a "negative" means I'm not. I'm not buying that I have taken plenty of pregnancy test to know how to decipher positive from negative and it's a positive! Jeff quickly explains again that he's pretty sure when he read the box it said "with new easy read" Where's the box? I threw it away when I took the trash out earlier, not wanting to did threw the garbage outside, I jump on the internet and what do I find? New EPT easy reads, yep that's it "positive" is a "positive" and "negative" is a "negative". I quickly apologize to Jeff and thank him for not getting me pregnant.

Sorry to all of you who have been "nagging" me about another baby. Mich especially, you have know idea how close you were to getting the call...

As for my little family, I love all my boys and I definitely know that if or when I'm supposed to have another, I will definitely be open to the idea. Until then it will remain "five against one"

16 comments:

Mich said...

You had me on pins and needles! I was so excited, then not, then I was, then I wasn't, then I was...you get the picture. I almost called you in the middle of your blog. I could hardly wait!
Since you aren't ready to have another child now I'm glad that you aren't going to have a baby...
You are so good with your kids though, and they are so cute and well behaved. Maybe next month...

jaime said...

lol I crapping my pants! Well to take a line from "friends" at least now you know how you would feel if you were

Ryan and Megan said...

Nicki-
Dang it!! I even called Ryan into the computer room in the middle of your blog to show him the "news" that you are not pregnant!! Dangit!! But I love you anyway. I Thought there was a reason you were craving the slushees :)

Anonymous said...

PREGANT! yes no yes no, you are such a tease. How strong do you think your mothers heart is. Boy you kids today, the things you guys say over the airways. When I was a kid (which was't that long ago)would'nt even say pregant. We would say I think that girl is p.g.Oh Nicki you make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Correction. the word is spelled PREGNANT I never said I could spell.

Maurina said...

Oh, you write the funniest blogs. I was really hoping that you were pregnant. You need to have a little girl.

Unknown said...

That experience is too funny!! Sorry you had to get all freaked out about nothing! Haha! Okay, maybe I'm not since it made for an excellent story! We'll be waiting if or when you ever decide to welcome a new little one.

Tonya said...

awe man! i was super excited to have a prego buddy! its okay, ill give you a month or two to work on your situation ;) then you can join me.
haha, talk about a headache though. i was feeling stressed out for you just reading the blog. haha

Jeff Newman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Newman said...

Nicki, I have one word for you -

"Ithinkit'stimewehaveanotherbaby-
andthistimeitshouldbeagirl,I-
thinkIcanmakeithappenforreal-
thistime!!"

See, just one word...

Love, Jeff

Johnson said...

HOly Crap...I was so excited for you. I am with you....I can't decide if we should have another one..Greg on the other hand is fine with the boys!! I keep thinking..maybe we'll just get pregnant and then have no choice??!?!!?

The Warner Family said...

Are you sure you guys really want a girl? Haven't you lived next door long enough? And besides, Jeff doesn't play well with girls, remember?! That was a crazy post. I hope you know how to prevent that kind of scare again!!

Laura Lee said...

I just saw a newer and improved pregnancy test that said YES or NO!!! Maybe in the future you should try it! Much less stress! But, I figure if you go ahead and try again for a girl then maybe Melanie will too!

Laura Lee said...

Oh yeah...add me to your list of blogs! Sometimes that is the only way Grandma can find them! haha

Paige and Jason said...

LOL you had me laughing. So yeah, girls are fun if you can handle whining, drama, whining, drama whining, drama...you get the picture?

Scottkids said...

That was hilarious! Youe hubby is soooooo funny too!