Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of school!


Today my boys started school, YAY ME! It seems like I am counting down this day from about the second week of summer vacation, oh how I love for my kids to be in school. Don't get me wrong but after so many days of hearing"I'm bored", and "there's nothing to do" I am about ready to scream, I am definitely for year round school.

Taylor started fourth grade...I know it makes me crazy to think that I have a kid old enough for fourth grade, it seems like just yesterday that I was sending him to kindergarten. He is in Ms. Pardews class, she is a new teacher at the school, and Taylor is excited to be in her class.

Nicholas is in second grade, and when someone would ask him if he was ready for school to start, his answer would always be "no", but after going to school today I'm pretty sure he remembers how fun it can be. He is in Mrs. Sanders class (which I'm happy about) and I think he is too, I mean she let them catch grasshoppers and bring them into the classroom to be the class pet. He couldn't be any luckier.

I am so excited for my boys they are excellent students and I can't wait to see how much they learn and grow this year. I love you Taylor and Nick.

4 comments:

jaime said...

2 down 2 to go right?? Bunko was great! Thanks!

Mich said...

Fourth grader? What happened to the little baby and toddler?
Wow, you really are old.

Anonymous said...

Handsome young men. Look out for the girls mum.

Anonymous said...

Grandma is so proud of these boys. You can't help it if you have the cutest boys in town, just because they take after their grandparents. Nicki, your mom loves you.