Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'ts the little things.

Two night ago Nicholas and Matty wanted me to sleep outside with them on the trampoline I said I would, so with treats and blankets we headed out to the trampoline. Each kid wanted to sleep next to me so I ended up in the middle, which was fine but every time someone would move they would end up halfway on me, kind of hard to sleep like that. It was getting a little chilly so Nick wanted to go inside, so we woke Matty up and got our blankets and treats and headed back inside. We got inside and it was 2:00 so the boys laid out their blankets on the floor and they asked if I would stay with them since I was spending the night with them, so of course I did. They both fell asleep and about six different times Matty woke up and I would hear "Mom"? and I would say "what bud?" and he'd pause for a minute and then say "I love you". The next day I was telling Jeff how good it felt to know that my kids love me so much. Just knowing that I was still there and that I hadn't headed up stairs was enough for Matty to be happy. It's the little things like this that help you realize how much you mean to your kids, and just shows you how much they love and need you.

3 comments:

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

You are such a cute mommy! Little boys love their mommys so much and in a different way than little girls do. Those boys of yours are great!

Mich said...

Sounds like you had a fun sleep over party. Matty says the cutest things and you are a great mom!~

The Nut House said...

Soooo cute!!!

Paige