Thursday, June 26, 2008

Confessions of a 29 year old....

That's right, and this is scary. I turned 2_ the other day and ever since then I have become truly aware of how old I actually am getting. Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal but do you realize that in 2_ more years I will be 58! That's old enough to have grand kids... Hello!

So to begin, this year for my birthday I received Neutrogena Age Shield sunblock, I know that's a minor thing considering I'm used to my wrinkles by now but it was still a little sad, I am usually an SPF 6 kind of girl.

Any ways back to scary stuff. I rode the fun bus (old people bus), a lot like the short bus, to Wendover with my Mom and Aunt Connie. I have done this before so your all thinking "what's the big deal"? I will tell you what the big deal is, I have always been the youngest one on the bus by far, and this time I don't think I was. This time there was a group of Hispanics, and I'm thinking two or three of them could have been younger than me. In moments like this I try to think positive, like "I am better looking then them, and I speak better english than they do" however it was still a little unsettling to me.

Next, This is something I'm going to admit that I never want repeated, or asked about by any of you, do you all understand?
I have a hard time breathing at night, and the last couple of months I have started wearing the breath right strips. Yep you heard right. The things that you picture old men wearing to stop the snoring, that's me. However I am not as bad as my Uncle Charlie who once wore his hiking and sunburned every where but where the strip was (he is 75 so he can do that kind of stuff and people just think,what a cute old man,he forgot to remove his strip).


This is the final thing, but it is really bad so I am just going to cut to the chase. I am growing facial hair! Yep that's right. And it's not normal facial hair, I found about a one inch long piece of hair growing above my right eye brow on my forehead, NASTY!!!! That hair as since been "plucked" but I would appreciate a heads up the next time I have such a disgusting thing growing out of my face.

I know it's hard to see, but that's the hair.

Also in closing, (Ha Ha sounds like I'm giving a talk in church) I would like to thank Jeff and Christine for reminding that I have reached the end of an era and I am officially older than poop I love you guys and your brutal honesty..

7 comments:

Mich said...

How shall you ever survive? 29 is, wow, you're about to die aren't you?
Happy be-lated birthday by the way!

jaime said...

I know 29 sucks! I am right there with ya! (Do those breathe right strips work???)

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

I would love to just be turning 29. I turned 31 in May and that really sucks! I hate being in my 30's. I still think of myself as a 21 year old hottie. Which I am neither at this point (a hottie or 21). Life sucks. We should get better looking as we age, not the opposite. Happy Birthday!!!

Brittany said...

You are hilarious! I love it. It might make you feel better that I am 4 months older than you. What a crazy life!

Maurina said...

I guess it's time to go buy a big ugly hat with a matching house coat to wear around everywhere. After all isn't that what you wear when you are over the hill? You are so funny!

Unknown said...

Yeah, before you know it, you'll be able to start using those senior citizen discounts at restaurants. LOL!

Anonymous said...

one little hair on your face and you're ready to go out and buy shaving cream. you could have saved it on a piece of scotch tape and used it for family home evening stories as your kids grow up. love ya. dad.