Monday, November 17, 2008

This and that

Wow! I bet you all thought I gave up on blogging huh!? I haven't and I have had plenty to tell I just haven't taken the time to do it, so this post may be scatter-brained just hang in there and you will be able to finish reading it.
Also now would be the perfect time for you to grab a snack, maybe a diet pepsi too. Go ahead I'll wait...

The first exciting thing on my list is (drum roll please!) after nine loooong years and I do mean long, I am diaper free. That's right Chase is potty trained (clap,clap clap). I swear this little kid was the easiest of all my boys and it only took him three days and one accident, until he started telling me he had to go, I am just so proud ,and just knowing that I will never have sniff around the house wondering wear the poopy boy is hiding,and never having to run a stinky diaper out to the garbage can makes me even a happier mom. And to my friend who still find their nose pinched off while wiping your little ones bum...ha,ha, I don't have to do that any more.



Onto the next item of business. Nicholas had an invention convention at school. This is one of those projects that test the parents ability to do homework. I know you all know what I'm talking about, it's the one where you have to think of the idea, figure out how to accomplish it and put it all together while your kid holds the hot glue gun just so he can feel like he's participating.
Anyways Nicholas invented a ball launcher, made out of wood, a plastic spoon, and a paper cup. It turned out really fun, and he was proud of could be with his invention.
And to all you moms out there who have, and will continue to do great work, your not alone, and yes it does suck, but it is what it is.

As always I saved the best for last. This story actually begins back in Sept. actually, but it ended today. I went to get my haircut back in Sept. and while driving home I got pulled over for expired registration. We had paid for registration, but we couldn't get it to pass safety because of a simple light that would turn on and no one seemed to know the exact cause. Back on track, my temporary tags had expired so technically I wasn't registered, make sense?
The nice officer took my info and while he headed back to his car, I adjusted my shirt, I've seen work in movies so I thought what the heck I'll try it. He came back with a ticket and told me I had to appear in court or pay for the ticket with in two weeks, and walked back to his car without even looking at my shirt.
Two weeks came and went and I received a letter in the mail stating I needed to pay the fine or there would be a warrant issued for my arrest. Holy crap I better get this taken care of. I call the office and of course their not open and the have weird crazy hours that I would never remember so I just thought I would call back later.
Two weeks come and go again and I get a letter in the mail stating that a warrant had been issued for my arrest and that any law enforcement that comes upon me should take me directly to jail where I would remain until a Monday or a Thurs. when I could meet with the judge. WHAAAAAT... I know that I really need to get it taken care of so I call the courts and they say I need to pay $197.00 to get it cleared. Um no way. "Can I get it reduced to the original $45 for just the ticket?" I plead.
"Sorry you will have to talk to the judge, and she will decide."
So this morning I headed down to the court house to plead my case. And to no avail, the judge so kindly reduces the fee by $20 dollars and sentences me to pay $177 and serve 25 days in the county jail unless I pay the fine then the jail time will be dismissed. Now I'm really upset the guy before me had two counts of assault, disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and failure to sppear and he only has to pay $75, that's messed up.

You all probably wonder why I am sharing this story right? You probably all think I should be embarressed right? Like if it happened to you, you would'nt be announcing it to the whole world right? Well I think it's pretty funny, I could have ended up in jail, and I am wanted by the police, that's just funny. Plus as a good friend I like all of you to learn from my experiences, so if you keep your car registerd and pay your tickets on time you will never have to end up a convict like me.

10 comments:

jaime said...

Congrat on the potty training! Isn't it great! Not so lucky on the ticket! I just got the same ticket but only had to pay $20 (sorry didn't meant to rub it in :))

Ryan and Megan said...

WOW nicki that is so funny- sorry the judge did not see things more in your favor- now I better go find out were stinky girl is hiding! I'm really jealous but congrats chase!!

Anonymous said...

nicki i hope you can come up with the money because i really dont want a jail bird for a daughter.i'm so happy about chase, he is such a big boy.

The Warner Family said...

I can't believe I liove next door to a criminal. Almost as bad as the pot smokers who lived there before. Haha! Hey, it might be next, and my boobs are not as perky as yours, so I will definitely get a ticket!

Maurina said...

That is too funny that you had such a problem with your ticket. I'm glad you didn't end up in jail.

I'm so happy for you to have Chase potty trained! That's faboulus!

Mich said...

It's a good thing that I've already visited twice this year or I might have had to go to the 'big house' to see you. Ouch! $200.00 almost, I can't understand why it cost so much, stamps don't cost that much!
Congratulations on Chase getting potty trained, want to come help Maur with Jessica? Oh, come on, I know that you really want to do it.
Really though, what are you doing not this Wednesday but the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Let me know if any of the weekend you are free for a visit, three times in a year is better than two don't you think? Plus it's time for me to leave my five city tour.

Kristin said...

nicki, you are officially one of my coolest friends, you rebel!

Johnson said...

Um, that is ridiculous. I can't even believe that can happen. Um, guess I better be glad Greg didn't get caught for driving for 3 months with expired plates!!! That'd be cool for his seminary students to say their teacher was in jail!! Glad you didn't have to serve time!!!

Congrats on the potty training. Doesn't it feel good!!?!? Sucks for all the other moms out there!!

Paige and Jason said...

I remember well the day I threw away Camrie's last diaper. It is such a huge accomplishment for the kid but mostly for the mom hu?
I can sympathise with the ticket situation. Jason got pulled over for speeding down in a southern Ut county and we forgot to pay the ticket. A few months later we get the letter stating there is a warrent for his arrest. I promptly felt like an A$$ for not remembering but we quickly took care of it. Sucks hu?

Sara Rose said...

Wayyy jealous of the potty training! awesome! Alos really funny about the ticket! Somedays I would take the jail sentence!