Thursday, December 4, 2008

Traditions!!!

With the Holidays upon us, it's time for traditions. One of our family traditions is making candy chains. It is very simple, and of course super fun for the kids. You just need saran wrap (I use red or green, because I'm festive like that,) ribbon, and candy. Then each day the kids get to wake up and eat a piece of candy, until Christmas day. For a twist I add a special surprise at the very top, and this is what they get on Christmas morning, usually just a big candy bar or something like that. The kids all had so much fun making them, well almost all of them, Chase about died when he realized he couldn't eat them all right away, that they were just going to hang on the wall, staring down at him. I guess he will have to get used to the once a day thing.
Now I want to know what your traditions are. You can either leave it on my comment board, or make your own post about it. It's always fun to see what other families do for fun.

5 comments:

Mich said...

My tradition consists of...well, opening presents on Christmas morning when I should still be alseep.
At school I make handprints with my kids out of plaster of paris to give out as presents. We do other things like Ruldolphe gets the hic-ups and we write all the cures we can think of and send them to the North Pole.

Ryan and Megan said...

wow nicki-
you are creative- I love the idea and just might steal it!! The only tradition we have is new pajamas on christmas eve that the kids were to bed so for christmas morning pictures they don't look like refugees!!

Maurina said...

Very cute idea. You are so creative. That was too cute about Chase wanting to eat all the candy right now. Your kids are so cute!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Very cute! What a great idea. I'll have to add that one next year.

The Warner Family said...

Cute cute cute! Hey lady, I think you have too much time om your hands!