Sunday, June 22, 2008

What I love about summer...

#1 SWIMMING
I love swimming and I love watching the kids swim. Putting in the above ground pool was one of the best things we could have done, now I don't have to go out in public in a bathing suit. Even though I usually just lay out exposing myself to skin cancer, I still love a dip in the pool after the warmth of the sun has been beating down on me.

#2 YARD SALING
LOVE IT! Who doesn't love being able to find great bargains on the things they want! My Saturday mornings consist of waking up at 7:30 and out the door by 7:45 so I can find all the great things. Thanks to my BFF Christine for the company each Saturday, I love the girl time.

#3 Cotton Candy
Being able to make my own cotton candy..Fabulous. If your crazy about cotton candy like I am it's the greatest machine to own, it's also a quick easy treat for the kids, and the sticky will just wash off while they swim.

#4 SNO CONES
Tigers blood or red raspberry with dream cream. mmm mmmm mmm.

#5 SLEEPING IN
No school. Which means I don't have to get up until about 9:00. Not being a morning person the summer months work really well for me.

#6 CARNIVAL
I love going to the carnival. Even though it brings out a lot of crazies, there is just something I love about it. It often reminds me of being a kid and throwing up on the gravitron and hearing some kid say "ewww mom someone just barfed" and me looking around and joining in the ewws like it wasn't me, or sitting with my family and watching it all light up at night.

#7 PARADES
The joy of getting there an hour or day before the parade starts to get a good seat to watch a mobile commercial, what fun. When I was younger there used to be a lot more floats and fun things to watch.Even though they don't seem as good as they once were I still love them, maybe it's just sort of tradition that I go.

#8 FIREWORKS
This one I have to thank Jeff for. Jeff being the huge pyro that he is goes all out on the fireworks, the bigger the better so a trip to Moapa is usually the way to go. I love the colors the sounds the excitement of the kids, the neighbors yelling at you that it's ten o'clock and people are trying to sleep, even sparklers I love it all.

#9 BBQ'S
Getting family and friends together is one of my favorite things. I want to make good memories for my kids, and I think the simple thing of getting together with the people you love makes great memories.

#10 VENDORS
And by vendors I mean the little booths set up in the parks during city days. I love walking around, just browsing at the crap people are selling. I usually fall into one of their trap sale pitches and buy something, and why not,who doesn't want a magic worm?

4 comments:

Mich said...

If you aren't a morning person and love sleeping in why are you getting up so early on Saturdays! You're crazy! I hope that your yard sale went well and that you got rid of all of your items.

jaime said...

7:45!!! I am done yard saleing by then :)

Paige and Jason said...

I am with you on all of those except the cotten candy...cant stand the stuff and also on yard sales. They are fun but not enough to disrupt my sleep :-)

Unknown said...

Yep, I love cotton candy!

Who can forget about (hint hint) the ride on the good old Gravitron?!

As for snow cones, I love them, especially Tiger's blood! Yummmmm!