Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day!



I just love my husband and my boys so much. Jeff is so good about making sure the boys feel special for giving me things, and he makes it fun for all of them, this Mothers Day was no exception.
Jeff got the boys up while I was in bed and headed to albertsons to get stuff to make me breakfast. By the time they got home I was up and could hear them scurrying around and making sure everyone had signed the card, it was so cute to listen to them all trying to whisper, but not doing so good at it. They finally came into the kitchen, and Matty was leading the pack with a flat balloon, yes a FLAT balloon. He was so excited to give it to me and then they had to explain that it was filled, but when they got home and opened the truck door, it flew out. Taylor chased the balloon into our neighbors back yard and finally caught it and started running back with it when he snagged it on one of their bushes, and it popped. So they decided to just give me a flat balloon so I would know their intentions were good.
Then it's time for cards. The boys gave me their card first and it was perfect, and then Jeff hands me his card.... I opened it and it was all in spanish, I couldn't understand any of it, I opened it up and it plays some Hispanic song and continues in spanish. Jeff had written on the bottom of the card his interpretation of the words, keeping in mind he doesn't know spanish either, I laughed so hard. Jeff apologized and said he waited to long to get me a card, and by the time he got there this was all that was left. I love my family so much they are the greatest blessing I could ever have. Thanks boys for a wonderful Mothers Day.
( Jeff wasn't completely unprepared, he also gave me a gift certificate to Quilted Bear, one of my favorite stores. Thanks Honey!)

4 comments:

jaime said...

awww don't you just love boys!! sounds like you had a good mother's day!

Paige and Jason said...

LOL, I love the spanish card thing cause then he can translate it to whatever he wants...good thinking Jeff. How funny

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

You are a great Mom. I loved the card from Jeff. I'm glad you had a great day.

Mich said...

If Jeff hadn't mentioned that he had waited too long to purchase a card I would never have known. It seemed just like him to be that clever. I'm glad that you had a good mother's day. You have a great family.