Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day and the BIG 30!

Well folks, it's official my husband is an old man. He turned 30 on Friday the 13th(imagine eerie music in the background;) This year for his birthday the boys and I thought we would surprise him by decorating his office. We "borrowed" the keys to his office, which are conveniently on the key ring with his truck keys, and we set out to do the job. We got balloons, confetti, banners, cards, and a special treat and decorated is desk. When he got to work on Friday morning he was so surprised, at first he thought maybe the people at work had decorated it and then saw the cards from me and the boys, and he asked his boss "how did they get in here?" and his boss said "I don't know, I was hoping you could tell us" HA,HA,HA! Luckily he works for great people(scoring brownie points for him just in case they stumble upon this some how) and they didn't really care.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY! I LOVE YOU!


My accomplices



For Valentines day this year I thought it would be a fun idea to have a little Valentines dinner with the boys. I set the table with a valentines theme, which included wine glasses, red plateS, and confetti hearts.
For dinner we had a family favorite, with a little twist of "love" which consisted of heart shaped ham slices and pineapple, red rice, pink white sauce, and broccoli and cheese. The kids thought it was so neat and they love the idea of wine glasses with martinellis.
It was was fun night, and I am so lucky to have such a sweet family to share days like this with. I love you all!


Me and my boys getting ready for our dinner(just ignore how crappy I look)


Valentines dinner.

5 comments:

jaime said...

wow you went all out!!! looks fun!!

Chastina said...

How fun! It sounds like you have a great Valentine tradition.

Scottkids said...

Your dinner looks disgusting! I LOVE it! Looks like you had a blast! I love those kinds of things with my family too!

Nicki said...

I know, the different colors really play tricks on your mind, weird!

Mich said...

You are so creative! This looked like such fun. I especially love how you decorated for Jeff's birthday. 30 really isn't that old you know...