Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dear Skinny girls...




Dear Skinny Girls,
Yes, you know who you are. Your the girls who wear a size 10 or below pants, and who I actually see jogging around town, or I see as I peer through the windows at the gym, yes you. I have a dream, and that dream is to be just like you. This has been a dream I've had since after my first baby,and I've never really been able to make it come true.
So with the peer pressure from Angie I joined a aerobic/hip-hop class.
Picture this...me and Angie on the back row of aerobics class with a full mirror in front of us so we can be reminded of just why we're there. Trying not only to do the moves, but to keep up...I know funny huh. Well I did my first class and went home feeling great...until two days later when I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. Great this means I did good right?
Well we went back for our next class, and this time we started warming up and then came the jumping jacks...Oh crap I knew I couldn't jump on a trampoline, but jumping jacks really? I made a mad dash to the bathroom and got back just in time to see the last few jumping jacks being completed. I was able to do the rest of the workout with no interruptions, and I was feeling great again kind of like I accomplished something great.
As we leave I decide to stop for a diet dr. pepper. What? Don't give me that it was diet okay. Well I go to pay for this "diet" soda but you have to spend at least two dollars to use your debit card, so what do I do? I grab the first thing I see which happens to be a pink cookie. Oh yeah you know the ones with 24 grams of fat, with a thick layer of pure crisco frosting on top, those ones. I get in the truck and Angie feels like she should give me the exact run down of whats in it, and I do my best to tune her out.
I make it home with the pink cookie unopened and think to myself, I will just pass it up this time...who am I kidding, I opened that cookie as soon as I sat down on the couch.
So my dear friends, Now you know why I am not skinny like you, it's all because of one pink cookie. Please wish me luck at my next aerobics class, not only that I might hold my bladder, but that I will be able to pass up that delightful crisco covered cookies

9 comments:

Chastina said...

Once upon a time I was one of those girls, although I was a teenager. Then I started having kids.

Good for you trying to get out there and exercise!

My favorite advice on a diet is one from a BYU professor. He eats whatever he wants but he eats in moderation. He eats until he is half to three-quarters full, which helps him control his intake.

Mich said...

You did more than I would have. I would have eaten the cookie while watching the others work out. That would have counted as my work out. Good luck at your next class.

The Warner Family said...

Hey, I think we are two hot mamas. So, I left at the (big )part in my last sentence. I love the aerobics, even though they are kicking my butt. I hope that pink cookie was good! Next time you try to get low low low low, and you can't, you can just blame it on that damn pink cookie! Love ya, and thanks so much for being my ONLY friend so far to support me in this aerobic hip hop stuff. Thats right, girls, I am calling you out! I just want everyone to feel that wonderful burn, and extreme soreness that appears the next day, and everytime you move. I actually do like the pain, it makes me feel like I actually did something. Hopefully more of you will get off your butts and join us for a great time!I f you can can't do the dance, you can aways get a great work out while you laugh at everyone else!

jaime said...

lol she tried to get me to go too. Some things should never be done in public and me "dancing" is one of them! I would get "low low low" and never come back up! ok angie I still might consider going but only cuz now I know you stop for treats after :)

Sara Rose said...

I love it!!!! I totally feel the same way!!! Amen

Maurina said...

Pink cookies are too die for.

Jennikunz said...

I think you are so funny!!!

Paige and Jason said...

Hahaha...I liked this post. It's so me. sometimes I have a decent amount of will power...when im sleeping. :-)

Scottkids said...

Lol. This went along with my Dear Diary post very well!