Monday, January 12, 2009

Scary!

As alot of you know, Jeff has been trying to convince me to add to our family. Crazy, I know he must be out of his mind, that's my thought and has been my thought for the last year. I of course would say "no" as quickly as it would come out of my mouth. Then it happened, he asked about a month ago and I said "hmmm"... That's right, not a "NO" like it should have been, but a "hmmm" holy crap what am I thinking? I am blaming it on all my pregnant Friends and relatives. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I haven't been able to really decide if I'm losing my mind, or if maybe, just maybe it's an okay idea which leads me to the all to familiar "hmmm".
One of my concerns is if we did and it was a girl, would she be able to survive in this crazy family? Probably not, she would have no manners and actually try to out burp her brothers. Also Jeff asked the boys if we should have another baby and they all said yes, but they want another boy. Jeff asked Matty "what if it's a girl?" and he said "I will kick her", and Chase joins in and says "yeah flick her". Yep a poor girl would never survive. And if it was a boy, that would be okay too, I mean who couldn't use their own baseball team?
So my next option is to ask you the readers of this blog what do you think? Try not to vote on one answer more than 50 times (Michleene,Jeff, and Dad) I really want an honest opinion from the people I know. Hey and no name is required to vote so I won't be able to hunt you down for vocing your true feelings (lucky for you, to bad for me). Thanks to you all in advance.

21 comments:

Jeff Newman said...

YES - you need another baby - I wold prefer a girl, but I would be okay with another boy.

By the way - 5 boys is a BASKETBALL team - I am not okay with a BASEBALL team - that would be 9 boys...is that really what you want? Trust me, I would be good with 1 more...

I locve you babe, thanks for letting the people of the world know that I might be gettin' some soon - now I can brag and actually have proof!

Mich said...

I only voted once, once per day right? I'll be back tomorrow.
Your family is wonderful, your boys are so well behaved and smart, you shouldn't stop helping the future generation. What if your next baby finds the cure for cancer?

Maurina said...

I think you really need another member added to your family. Your kids are so cute, you need more of them!

Anonymous said...

are you insane, just think you have no more diapers and just think you'll be taking kids to school for the next twenty years. this is only your mothers opinion. now that i spouted off. itwould be nice to have a sweet little baby around and it would be nice for the boys. then you would have to have two more because you know how i hate odd numbers.love mom

Anonymous said...

i don't like indecision.go for the GIRL. love dad.

Anonymous said...

Next door to us we have 3 of the craziest boys i know. They will even throw things at me when their dad is around. They are about the same age as your 4 older boys. They had a little girl about 18 months and sitting in church she rules the family. She is louder and gets her way. Sounds like someone else i know...hmmm. I think a girl would survive but the decision is yours not ours. ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Oops..should have said 3 older boys. my bad.

Scottkids said...

Lol..your hubby is funny!

First of all, you need to go with whatever you feel inside. It sounds like you may not be done yet if you feel like there might be one more!

I think you are a good mom, and it seems like you guys have so much fun together. You and your husband are best friends, and that makes for a great example to children!

If you had another girl, I bet your boys would change their minds about not wanting one! She would be a spoiled little princess I'm sure!

So my answer is do whatever you feel inside. (Which seems like a yes)

Anonymous said...

I think that it would be great to add to your family. Your family is awesome. Your boys are go great and caring. If you feel that their is another little one that needs to join your family than go for it. I think that they would do great if it was a girl. I know that my girls love your boys and they are always so nice to to them.Becca especally loves to come and play with "the boys". But what ever you decide will be the right thing for you. Hey and if you to have another boy that is great also. You already have four really great ones. Good luck in whatever you decide.

jaime said...

hey it's your sanity at stake :) but your boys are so cute how could you not try for another??

Paige and Jason said...

Girls are really fun...and emotional. Yep you shoud DEFINITELY try for one :-)

Tonya said...

YAY! do it. one more will round off the Newman clan nicely. And I am very comfortable taking full blame, being one of the pregnant relatives :)

Mich said...

Where did the voting go? I was coming back for my daily vote of go for it!

AliM said...

Are you freakin crazy!!! I say he-- no!!! You are at a good point right now, the almost independent stage where all the kids can kind of fend for themselves. But you know, its your body and your brains that have to make the decision. Think very very hard!!!

The Warner Family said...

OOps! I was signed in as Ali, when I left my comment! But, she votes he-- no, too!

Ryan and Megan said...

YES! YES! YES! If it was a girl she would be one tough cookie! But I tell you what she would be loved to pieces by 5 boys in that house!! She may be carrying a purse and a toy gun at the same time but she be sweet. Another boy would fit right in. My vote is a big YES!!

PS. I'll even babysit.

Anonymous said...

Nike...Just Do It!

The Claysons said...

If anyone can handle it... it's you. Go for it. And do it BEFORE you're 30! Something happens after that age and you start falling apart. This pregnancy HURTS and I am SOOOOOO tired! 28 was much easier!

The Warner Family said...

I still say no way, and you are freakin crazy!!!! Love ya, though.

Scottkids said...

What are you going to do already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stella said...

I agree with Angie! Have 'em while your young enough to handle the torture. I love having Nick in our primary class. I'm so glad I found your blog. Cute, fun family!!!