Friday, January 2, 2009

It all went by so fast.

I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted. Holy crap I need to get with the program, and stay caught up.
This Christmas season has been wonderful, but it seemed to go by so fast this year. I had been so worried because Taylor was making small remarks about not believing in Santa, and there was no way he would sit on his lap or write him a letter and it absolutely broke my heart to think I had a shhhh....non believer. It was almost harder than sending him to kindergarten...who am I kidding, I was so happy for him to go to school.

I'm going to start with Christmas Eve since the rest of December was a blur.
We had Jeff's family over for a Christmas Eve party, where we exchanged white elephant gifts this was the first year we tried this, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Here's some of the gifts...
#1. A mouse (yes alive)
#2 Hot dog roller. I know you all could use one of your own.
#4 games
#5 And last but not least, a toilet seat filled with Mountain Dew and tootsie rolls. Yep you guessed it, Jeff brought that one.
We decorated cookies with the kids (no more gingerbread houses for this family) and played pin the nose on "Frosty".


After all that fun, the worlds best Santa stop by for a visit (thanks Jeff, you are the best.) The kids all loved him, and were so excited to see him and make their last minute request.




After all our company left, we went to the "festival of lights" the kids loved it. When we got home the kids all got in their pajamas and got cookies ready for Santa, and at this point, Taylor was acting just as excited as the other kids and suggested that they should leave some cookies for Mrs. Clause since she never gets any, so they wrote a special letter and left extra cookies. I of course was so excited that Taylor was a BELIEVER and of course I was an emotional wreck inside, but it was all good feelings... Yeah for Christmas Magic. The kids finished off the night by sprinkling reindeer food outside, and putting a special key on the door so Santa could get in. This was by far one of my favorite Christmas Eves in a long time, and I am so thankful for the innocence of my kids and the joy it brings to our family.

6 comments:

jaime said...

your husband played Santa? no wonder you have a non believer :)

Mich said...

I love the idea of giving cookies to Mrs. Claus, that is so thoughtful, plus reindeer food. Your kids are amazing!
Where did you get the Santa outfit? Jeff looks great!

Nicki said...

Jeff had the suit made about six years ago and he's used it a few times. We told Taylor that since Santa was to busy to come on Christmas eve that Jeff would dress up because the little kids wouldn't realize Santa was so busy, and hey we pulled it off in the end

The Claysons said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Your boys are such sweet kids!

Scottkids said...

Its about time you posted. Slcker. :) Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!!

The Warner Family said...

I am not sure about that Santa, he looks a little weird to me!