Thursday, October 30, 2008

He's only 9...


Taylor's friend Paige called to ask if he wanted to go to Gardner Village with her and her family to go on a witches hayride. Taylor says "yes". Excited as can be, (even realizing that he will have to miss wrestling practice which usually nothing gets in the way of) he runs upstairs to change his shirt and re-do his hair for the day. As he takes off his shirt he says "phew, I stink... I been smelling this smell and now I know it's me, do you want to smell?" I of course don't want to smell something that stinks, that is just gross. Being the best mom in the world, and not wanting my son to stink, I go get Jeff's deodorant and put it on him Problem solved.
I send Taylor on his way and call Jeff to tell him how funny it was that Taylor had B.O. Jeff of course just laughs, and tells me that boys don't get stinky until their like twelve, and that Taylor probably just has a crush on her and wants to look and smell his best. WHHAAATT?! LALALALALAL! I don't want to hear that about my son, he's only nine, he's supposed to like star wars and pokemon, NOT GIRLS!
Man how naive am I? I just helped him get all handsome for his big date, and don't even realize what I'm doing. AAAAHHHH! I am not ready for this, and I can guarantee that when he gets home I am going to be quizzing him about his whole night, what they talked about, where his hands were, where his lips were, the whole nine yards...plus I may have to really get on him because he is past his curfew...which is unexceptable.

P.S
I just smelled the shirt he took off, and it does NOT stink... I guess Jeff may know what he's talking about (but only on this one subject).

9 comments:

Maurina said...

Wow, your are in trouble. Your boys are too cute. You are really going to be in for it. That was so funny about the smell. I laughed and laughed.

Mich said...

I could smell that shirt from here, Taylor was right it stunk!

Chastina said...

Don't feel to bad. My 8 year old has been boy crazy since kindergarten. She even had a "boyfriend" or two in kindergarten and 1st grade.

At least yours are boys. I have two girls to worry about.

jaime said...

That if pretty cute! If it makes you feel any better my 3 year old my 5 year old he is collecting girlfriends. hmmm maybe I will post that :)

Paige and Jason said...

hehehe...thats funny. If he IS interested in girls then don't send him my way just yet. I am not ready for that either. At least with boys, you know who his parents are in if they are good boys. With me, I'm just gonna have to trust my girls with someone that I don't know anything about. Nevermind, I guess it goes both ways...Im sure there are some "questionable" girls out there as well.
Yikes--lets just keep them in a bubble!

Laura Lee said...

Let the fun begin! I think you're in trouble!

Anonymous said...

Oh mum you better keep an eye on that one. If he wants to smell good for a girl then look out. lol
Ah...i don't know what will be worse worrying about my girls or boy. Glad it hasn't started yet.

Sarah said...

Someone's got a crush!!

The Warner Family said...

Keep him away from Sades! Just kidding! I love your boys they are so sweet and funny.