Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sunday June 5, 2011

Breath in, breath out!
It started out as a normal morning, breakfast with my parents, Jamie, Kenny and Cedar, and then back to my house to finish up packing WHAT.....STOP! That's when it gets all crazy and I'm realizing as I give my Dad his Father's Day gift that "this is for real" and this is the last time I'll be seeing them in person and the next time will be on the web-cam he's opening up, this is where the breathing begins and I have to tell myself "it's only a year". And then after a tearful goodbye they drive off.

I compose myself quickly and get back to work on getting the house ready and the final packing together. Then my friends show up and the breathing starts again. "What am I going to do without these two girls"? They know me best and accept and love me for me, they are the ones who make me laugh and know how to make me feel better. The tears quickly come again and as they are leaving another feeling of "this is for real" is sweeping over me.

I keep telling myself that the great things about goodbye is it make you realize just how much you love someone and each of them for their very own reason and how much impact they have in your life. I love you all!

Dinner
I am lucky enough to have an amazing sister-in-law who has amazing in-laws. They invited us to have dinner at there house as our farewell meal and it was so perfect feasting on hamburgers and potato chips. Thank You Barlow's for the great company and great food.

It's time to leave and the cousins are saying goodbye and I'm getting teary eyed because I don't think that they "get it" .

Airport
I already mentioned my amazing sister-in-law, but it doesn't end there, she and and her husband drove us to the airport. The drive up there was good. My husband and my boys were saying goodbye to "all things Utah" as we pass and we get there quickly...too quickly.
Breathings heavy again this is it, last goodbyes and we're off. This was another hard one and I lose it quickly.
Thanks for all the support and well wishes. I am am scared to death and very excited for this chapter in my life.

The best part of goodbyes is that it 's made me see how important each and everyone of these people are in my life and that they all play their own special role. I love you all!

3 comments:

JP Kris and the kids said...

That was so sweet. It made me cry just reading it :( you guys will be missed and hopefully it will go by fast. But not too fast. You need time for some awesome adventures :)

Mich said...

At least I have some comfort in the fact that you'll be back next year in time for my yearly visit.

Mich said...

Apparently I can't read heading right and just realized that I only read half of that posting. I'm glad that you have so many people who love you here. Goodbyes are so hard. At least it is only a year and hopefully the best one of your life. I can't wait to read more about your adventures. I'm so excited for you. I hope you learn and see amazing things.