Friday, August 13, 2010

4th of July

There may not have been any fiery explosions or mortars being shot directly aT us and our houses,no fingers being burnt, or holes burnt in to clothing, but this year did not dissapoint. The festivities started with a BBQ with neighbors which included burgers plenty of yummy salads, an awesome cake made by yours truely and of course SLUSHIES.

Next up was the bee stings...I know this isn't really one of those kind of thing you want to remember or that should be highlighted as part of your "GREAT" day, but I just have to share. Chase was playing so nicely in the sandbox minding his own business when a good for nothing mean old bee came up and stung him three yes that's 3 diffrent times. One on his chin, his nose and his ear. Poor little kid. I didn't get a picture because I rushed to save the day.

Chase is such a trooper and it only bothered him for a few minutes...that's not metioning the damage it did as far as seeing any flying bugs now, which usually results in a panicked screams followed by running inside.

The night ended with fireworks. What great neighbors I have I just love you guys!

3 comments:

Chastina said...

Those mean ole bees! We have wasps that enjoy our yard so we are constantly on the lookout for them.

Mich said...

You've been busy today. I love all the pictures. It's too bad that the bee stung him. I haven't been stung in years and I run from bugs too.

Mike said...

Actually, it must have been a wasp or a yellow jacket. Bees have a barbed stinger that, when it stings someone, tears the stinger out of the bee, killing the bee. A bee can only sting you once. It's a good thing that you have me around to point these things out.