Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh Matty!

Matty is so funny and he is always coming up with something to make us laugh, this is the last thing he did.

Last Saturday when Nick got baptized we sat him down to give him his baptism "gift". which happens to be a set of Scriptures of his very own. We are all watching and Matty is getting so excited talking a mile a minute like he always does and he asks

"Does everyone in our family get a special present when they get baptised?"

I explain that they do, he gets excited again and asks

"will I get the excact same thing as Nick when I get baptised?"

Once again I say "yes". Nick opens the bag looks in gets acute little grin on his face and Matty can hardly stand it any more and starts asking

"what is it"

Nick finally pulls it out and as soon as he does and says it's scriptures Matty turns to Jeff and I says

"I don't want that when I get baptised, I don't want anything for church."

We couldn't stop laughing and all I could think was how much I love the innoncence of my children and how they tell things exactly how they are.
Matty now has 2 1/2 years to prepare for his "unwanted" baptism gift that he "WILL" get,I hope that's enough time for him to get excited about it.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Hahaha, thats pretty cute. One day he will appreciate tehm for sure... apperantly its just not today. lol

Maurina said...

That's is so funny!

Mich said...

Matty is adorable. You can't blame him too much, he can't read yet afterall and playing with a book isn't that exciting.

Ryan and Megan said...

I say this all the time but I love matty!! He cracks me up and I can totally see him saying that. Hopefully in 2 years he will be happy for them, even if he doesn't "want" them. But what 8 year old boy would.

Shantelle said...

I love your blog! Don't you love the honesty of kids, it can't be beat. We need to get together! I haven't seen you in soo long. I love the excuse of being your vt so that we can sit and chat. :)